Summary Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties. Wraps, inspects, packs, weighs, and affixes postage to packages, record charges, insurance, and customer information. Specifies proper type of packing material, crating, containerization, and special handling procedures for shipment of parts or assemblies to prevent damage or deterioration by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
• Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand. Opens containers.
• Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
• Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
• Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
• Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
• Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
• Loads truck for Industrial Truck Operator.
• Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
• Clamps sections of portable conveyor together or places conveyor sections on blocks or boxes to facilitate movement of materials or products.
• Removes samples of materials, labels with identifying information, and takes samples to laboratory for analysis.
• Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
• Makes simple adjustments or repairs such as realigning belts or replacing rollers.
• Assembles crates to contain products such as machines or vehicles.
• Shovels loose materials such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
• Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
• Wraps parts, assemblies, packages and inspect wrapping, parts and containers for conformance to company standards, customer requirements, shipping companies, and postal regulations.
• Weighs packages and determines postage and affixes postage stamps to packages.
• Prepares product and packages for export shipping in conformity with company, customer, and government regulations.