QUALITY INSPECTOR – 1st Shift
To perform detailed inspection of all mechanical dimensions of parts. Extreme attention to detail is required. Demonstrate good interpersonal and relationship-building skills and good customer-service orientation.
1. Perform detailed first piece, in-process, and final inspection when needed.
2. Perform routine measurements of components utilizing standard inspection equipment.
3. Compare print requirements with parts produced to determine final quality of part.
4. To provide accurate and detailed information to machine operators to ensure production is completed accurately and correctly.
5. Perform CMM set-ups and operate as necessary to meet assigned goals.
6. Proper handling of all material, parts and equipment to prevent damage and loss of finished product.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent and / or minimum experience.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years experience in quality inspection, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR REGISTRATIONS: Industry recognized (Quality, CMM, Optical Inspection equipment) certification(s) preferred, but not required.
OTHER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Must possess good written and verbal communication skills with our internal and external customer base. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Use of basic mathematics in conjunction with blueprint interpretation. Knowledge of precision measuring equipment, including CMM and optical inspection equipment. Ability to work beyond normally scheduled hours, which may include early mornings, late nights and weekends.