The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible to facilitate and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of the Quality Management System. Devises robust control procedures and designs required to create accurate and reliable processes to ensure manufacturing needs are covered and meet customer expectations.
• Develop, implement and maintain quality standards adding value to manufacturing processes.
• Devise and implement and improve methods and procedures for building Quality on each step of the manufacturing process.
• Design and/or specify inspection and test methods and equipment.
• Develop and implement statistical analysis for development and production programs.
• Perform root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
• Drive continuous improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 6S, Six Sigma and Kaizen events.
• Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audit finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventative actions.
• Analyze failure, corrective and preventative action to respond to customer complaints.
• Review PPAP supplier products to determine whether to accept the product and future purchases from the supplier.
• Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventative actions.
• Develops PPAPs, FMEA and controls plans and all associated procedures for product and process validation and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Preparation of QA reports for internal communication.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering required
• Five years minimal experience in an Automotive manufacturing industry is preferred
• Five year minimal experience with IATF 16949 (TS 16949) Quality Assurance Systems
• Lean, DOE, Six Sigma or Process Excellence certification experience preferred
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience
• Strong core tools knowledge (APQP, MSA, PPAP, SPC)
• Customer satisfaction and data driven oriented
• Experience using statistical analysis software (MiniTab)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds alone, 80 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work in manufacturing environment.