Senior Procurement Specialist – Team Lead
Purchase and manage spend of approximately $5M-$10M of various raw materials and services as required for production under the direction of the Purchasing Manager. Frequently interfaces with suppliers, Sales, Accounting, Production, Inventory Control and Quality.
1. Serves as the Team Lead for the Procurement Specialists team. Assists and provides direction where necessary to other Procurement Specialists on a daily basis.
2. Serves as the direct back up for the COO, as relates to the Procurement team.
3. Ensures supply base partners throughout the extended supply chain meet the organizations business requirements with respect to delivery, quality and cost.
4. Develops sources for procurement of parts, supplies and equipment by qualifying suppliers and establishing a network of resources.
5. Establish and track KPIs with preferred suppliers.
6. Negotiates with suppliers in acquiring the most cost-effective price for materials, supplies and services.
7. Completes purchase requests by entering orders through the Global Shop ERP System and maintaining the accuracy of the database files.
8. Develop and maintain inventory stocking programs with suppliers.
9. Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instruction. Can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral issues; perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
10. Proper handling of all material, parts and equipment to prevent damage and loss of finished product.
1. Generates and designs appropriate reports for upper level management as requested.
2. For quality and quantity of own work.
3. Good housekeeping and safe working habits.
4. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
EDUCATION: Associate degree in a relevant discipline
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years’ purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ISM and Green Belt Certification preferred, but not required. Strong organizational and math skills. Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must possess good written and verbal communication skills with our internal and external customer base. Must possess strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Requires occasional bending, standing, walking and reaching.
2. Requires continuous sitting.
3. Must possess time, stress, and organizational management skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Good working conditions, position situated in office environment.
2. Proper ergonomic practices must be used at all times.
3. Safety glasses required when in production areas.
4. Adherence to all OSHA regulations and the Company’s Employee Safety Manual is required.